Everyday is a fashion show and the world is your runway.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

You're home sick? Great time to shop on-line!!

My mom always attempts to make lemonade out of every situation, and since I am slowly becoming her, I thought it was appropriate if I do the same.  But for this example, it's not so bad!!  I made lemonade this week, by shopping on-line. I have been couch-bound for days with a wicked cold.  But luckily, by the time I am feeling better, the packages will begin to arrive!

I have another excuse for shopping also...  a big birthday bash for a friend of ours in DC next month.  A weekend trip away where we will see friends is a great excuse for a  new outfit!!

Clothes-wise, I always view March as an odd time of year.  First problem is that stores already have the first spring looks out, even though it's too early to actually wear them... more on that in my next blog entry.  Second reason, I am simply tired of my winter wear, so I found some deals online since winter items are on sale now.  I do have to say though, I splurged on some items, with intent of returning some of them (we'll see about that!

Here are my finds that are on the way to my closet:

These first two dresses are possible options for the party in DC. 
Both can be worn with leggings or over skinny jeans.  I'm not totally sure whatI will do yet, but I think I will do leggings with the first and skinny jeans with the second dress.  If you go to website, you'll see four more pictures/views of the dresses.  I also got a coupon via email from Urban Outfitters, so I didn't pay what it says under the pictures.

Urban Outfitters

$68.00



Urban Outfitters
$38.00



These pants I just had to have.  Back in the day, I had a similar from Lucy in DC and wore them thin.  I have been searching for them ever since. They are not exactly like my old ones, but similar. I plan to wear these with simple ballet flats and a tight black top or tank with great jewelry.


Lucy
$78.00
(a bit pricey, I know, but if they are anything like my last ones, I had them and wore them forever!)



Hope this helps to get your fashion ideas flowing at this time of year!  I will write again this weekend with ideas about how to get early bargains on your spring looks!






No comments:

Post a Comment